
A couple of months ago I got involved with a soccer ministry located in Abilene. It tickled me in seeing how God was getting me ready for Africa. Hundreds of refugees have been relocated in Abilene by the International Rescue Committee (IRC). The majority of these refugees live in apartment complexes all over Abilene. What an incredible opportunity we have had in welcoming these people to our country

and to our city. Every Wednesday we pick up around 50 refugee kids and take them to MadisonMiddle School to play soccer, games, hang out, and teach valued lessons. It has been amazing building relationships with these kids, providing them with positive influences, and ultimately sharing the love of Christ with them. I have taken the duty of stepping aside for the past couple of weeks and letting my camera really capture Gods beauty. We are in the process of getting more people involved and really letting God show us where he wants us to take this ministry. For so long I have wanted to take my

passion to Africa, but what God has made so evident to me is that if we are open to his Kingdom he can bring Africa to us. I ask that you keep my team and I in your prayer over the next 11 weeks as we travel to Africa and really let our actions and words spread the good news.

1 comments:
I love the pictures....I could hardly find you!!
I'm so excited for you. Love you MOM
Post a Comment