I want to share some exiting news with you! I am graduating from Abilene Christian University in May with a degree in Business Management. My time at ACU has been extremely rewarding. Throughout my four years here, I have been involved with many organizations on campus including TOMS shoes and Wishing Well; both of which have had a direct effect on the children of Africa. Africa has had a special place in my heart for a number of years and one day I hope to use my entrepreneurial skills to further African outreach.
God has opened up an incredible opportunity for me this summer to minister in Kenya, Africa by working as a camp counselor at Camp Blue Sky. I will have the privilege of working with many missionaries through Brackenhurst Ministry (www.brackenhurstministries.org/summercamp) in Limuru, Kenya. We will have the opportunity to share Christ with kids in innovative ways through sports, outdoor adventures, leadership training, ropes course challenges, Bible lessons and many other activities that most of these kids have never experienced before. Camp Blue Sky attracts a wide array of kids ages 7-18. Some of these kids will come from Christian families, while others will come from Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, and various other backgrounds. I am passionate about this ministry, and cannot wait to share the love of Christ with them! Camp Blue Sky will host several different sessions from June 1 to August 1. During this time, we will also be traveling around parts of East Africa in Kenya and Uganda serving with missionaries, churches, and other ministries. We will have opportunities to spend time in surrounding villages to encourage the local church, build mud huts, schools, and churches, host medical clinics, share and teach in local schools, serve at orphanages, support AIDS victims in local slums, and other types of village evangelism. I look forward to serving others in this way and sharing His love as I deepen my love and commitment to Jesus.
The Lord has been working and preparing my heart for this opportunity and I am writing to ask for you to partner with me in prayer, and to join with me in these efforts by possibly supporting me financially. I need to raise $4,300 for the summer, which primarily consist of my travel cost and living necessities. If the Lord leads you to give financially, please make checks payable to Brackenhurst Ministries and be sure the memo states, "for the ministry of Jonathan Garner." All donations on my behalf will be used for this ministry and will be tax deductible.
Mail to:
Jonathan Garner
1508 Kesser Drive
Plano, TX, 75025
God has already taught me so much this semester, and I cannot wait to see how He is going to continue to work in my life this summer in Kenya. I know and have faith that He has amazing things prepared for His Kingdom work. Thank you so much in advance for your encouragement and support! Please let me know if you have any further questions about camp or anything else we will be doing!
Cell: (214) 923-2475 or e-mail: jlg05h@acu.edu
Blessings,
Jonathan Garner
God has opened up an incredible opportunity for me this summer to minister in Kenya, Africa by working as a camp counselor at Camp Blue Sky. I will have the privilege of working with many missionaries through Brackenhurst Ministry (www.brackenhurstministries.org/summercamp) in Limuru, Kenya. We will have the opportunity to share Christ with kids in innovative ways through sports, outdoor adventures, leadership training, ropes course challenges, Bible lessons and many other activities that most of these kids have never experienced before. Camp Blue Sky attracts a wide array of kids ages 7-18. Some of these kids will come from Christian families, while others will come from Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, and various other backgrounds. I am passionate about this ministry, and cannot wait to share the love of Christ with them! Camp Blue Sky will host several different sessions from June 1 to August 1. During this time, we will also be traveling around parts of East Africa in Kenya and Uganda serving with missionaries, churches, and other ministries. We will have opportunities to spend time in surrounding villages to encourage the local church, build mud huts, schools, and churches, host medical clinics, share and teach in local schools, serve at orphanages, support AIDS victims in local slums, and other types of village evangelism. I look forward to serving others in this way and sharing His love as I deepen my love and commitment to Jesus.
The Lord has been working and preparing my heart for this opportunity and I am writing to ask for you to partner with me in prayer, and to join with me in these efforts by possibly supporting me financially. I need to raise $4,300 for the summer, which primarily consist of my travel cost and living necessities. If the Lord leads you to give financially, please make checks payable to Brackenhurst Ministries and be sure the memo states, "for the ministry of Jonathan Garner." All donations on my behalf will be used for this ministry and will be tax deductible.
Mail to:
Jonathan Garner
1508 Kesser Drive
Plano, TX, 75025
God has already taught me so much this semester, and I cannot wait to see how He is going to continue to work in my life this summer in Kenya. I know and have faith that He has amazing things prepared for His Kingdom work. Thank you so much in advance for your encouragement and support! Please let me know if you have any further questions about camp or anything else we will be doing!
Cell: (214) 923-2475 or e-mail: jlg05h@acu.edu
Blessings,
Jonathan Garner

0 comments:
Post a Comment