Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Well hello to everyone back in the states. I am currently sitting in my hammock under the most cliche, safari like tree possible ha. It feels amazing outside and I am being watched by about 30 colorful birds as I speak. It was kinda like that in the airport as well, but I just smiled and kept on my way. The past couple of days have been so crazy, but so exciting. We made into Kenya Monday night to a welcoming party of about 10 fellow staffers including one of my good friends that I hadn't seen in 3 years. It was so much fun getting to know my team on the way over to Africa. We have some pretty entertaining people on the staff, so I should be just fine. The first morning I was woken up by jet lag at 4 a.m and could not go to back to bed. As much as it was frustrating to not be able to get rest it gave an amazing opportunity for some quiet time as I watched the sun rise over the never ending horizon. The people here are amazing and so genuine in everything they do. It has been a lil tough getting use to a lot of the foods they put in front of you, but I have fallen in love with banana chips and mangos. They might be the end of me.

Yesterday we did a lot of team building exercises and really for the first time got to see my team using out tallents to overcome our many obsticles. This week is all about getting ready for the kids to come on Sunday. We had an unpacking party last night, which involved some unpacking but mostly the guys hiding in the bushes and jumping out at the girls. We were not the most popular people for the first 5 minutes until we showed them the video we got of them screaming. Ahh I have already fallen in love with this place and cannot wait to see what the rest of the summer holds.

1 comments:

Life as a Spencer! said...

Yeah brother! Love you and am so proud of you! Keep updating, it makes me not miss you as much! Can't wait to hear more and see pictures!

Post a Comment